Monday, November 19, 2012

Little Projects

 This photo has nothing to do with the post; I just like it

Last week, I had a newly-painted white lamp and I didn't really like it. So I (no surprise) painted it again. I tried Rustoleum paint and primer in one again, this time in the metallic oil rubbed bronze. It's more bronze-y than the Krylon oil rubbed bronze that I've used so often, but I like it a lot. I think I might even like it better than the Krylon variety. 

Now I have two matching lamps in the family room. I still need to replace the lampshades.

Other little projects I've been working on:

An old framed magnetic white board I purchased at a garage sale years ago, sprayed with chalkboard paint, and now a magnetic menu board! I stood it in a scrolly plate stand on the kitchen counter.

Greta drew the Thanksgiving message on another chalkboard I painted recently. The frame has been empty for months; I asked the (wo)man in orange at Home Depot to cut a piece of masonite to fit my frame. I sanded it, primed it, and sprayed it with chalkboard paint. Greta volunteered to keep my messages seasonally updated. Isn't that nice of her?

 The white-green-yellow pillow is also new. I found the fabric at Fabric and Fringe Warehouse and stitched it up to fit my favorite Ikea pillow insert. I like to rotate my sofa pillow covers and this one gives me more variety.

No comments: