Monday, November 30, 2009

Free in November

I like to keep a list of what I get free, or costing me just a few cents, every month. This is a great reminder to me of how God blesses our family in my efforts in being a true Home Economist.

My deals in November are lighter than usual because I decided to take a break from working the CVS and Walgreen's deals. It is a lot of work to keep up with each week, and we were getting over-saturated with stuff. Besides, since coming back from vacation, my time has been taken up with other pressing projects, so I decided to spend all my Extra Care Bucks and Register Rewards before we left on vacation. In mid-November I began working in the deals again. Taking a break was quite refreshing!

My great deals for November:

Publix Mystery Coupon Items:
bag of Hershey's Kisses
2 pkg hot dogs
American cheese singles
pepperoni pizza

Great Sale Prices Combined with Coupons Makes Free:
4 pkgs whole wheat pasta (20 cents)
2 dozen eggs
8 bags frozen vegetables

Free Deals:
1 lb block of cheddar cheese (Kroger price promise)
1 gallon (actually a little less) Edy's ice cream

Given to Me:
2 lb bratwurst
2 bacon-wrapped steak medallions
breaded fish fillets
5 lb potatoes
3 lb oranges
3 lb apples
spray primer
spray starch
furniture oil
tarnish remover
2 carpet cleaners
tung oil
spray adhesive remover

1 comment:

Marj Swierenga said...

Yeah...I find that I have to do that occasionally too--take a break. As long as I've made sure I don't have any EBucks or other sort of things that will expire--I can step back a bit every once in a while.