Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Bargains of the Week

I had some time freed up this week, so I worked extra hard to collect some grocery bargains. Firstly, a new Target opened in my area, and they mailed out two coupons for $5 off a purchase of $25 or more. One had to be groceries, the other didn't specify. So I hit the new Target. (It's not a Super Target, but it has an expanded food section, without produce, bakery, or fresh meats.) I took my time browsing the grocery section, comparison shopping, checking my price book, and couponing. Some of my best deals were:
1/2 gal ice cream $1.34
5 lb flour .94
Splenda on sale 5.99 minus $3 off on two bags
20 oz Dole pineapple .72 on clearance (And the store just opened! Why clearance?)

I also scored a few deals at Kroger:
Sundown vitamins BOGO. I bought calcium and Echinachea, each rang up less than $3, plus a $3 off coupon on each. Kroger paid me to take them out of the store!
Hunts tomato sauce .62, minus .25 coupon doubled (had 3), net cost .12 each
Armour Sizzle n Serve sausages on sale for $1, plus two .35 coupons doubled. I paid .30 ea box

CVS:
2 tubes Crest Pro Health toothpaste $3.29 each, xbucks $3.29 each, minus a mfr BOGO coupon. I paid with previous xbucks so my out of pocket was just .50 for the two tubes, plus I got $6.58 in xbucks. What a deal! BUT I had to go to three stores before I found the toothpaste in stock.

Aldi:
It's only 10 minutes or so from home, but it's not on my usual route, so I stocked up when I headed that direction.
frozen ground turkey .89 lb, I bought 6 chubs
mandarin oranges .45 each
red grapes .99lb

No comments: