Sunday, June 22, 2008

Friday Garage Sales

Garage sale day on Friday: Not many signs were out (too hot?), but three of my four stops were productive. First, just down the street I found two upholstered club chairs, identical in style, but different upholstery. Price? One was free, the other was $5. Yep. 2/$5. But...the upholstery on both is shredded and stained. So the Professor insisted we go look for new fabric at Jo-Ann's yesterday. We ordered some at 50% off. (Photo coming soon)

My second garage sale stop yielded two packages of note cards. We had just run out of thank you cards, and these white ones are NIP. And I'm sure my two daughters will fight over the Flower Fairy note cards. Last stop: a double size quilt and two shams, like new, for $5. The sailboat design caught my eye. As I stood at the table trying to open it out to check the size, another customer stepped over and asked if she could pay me "like, a million dollars" if I would let her buy it. It matched her son's bedroom perfectly, apparently. Notice I didn't bite; the quilt is in my house.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Forget your daughters, I want your flower fairy notecards!