Monday, March 16, 2009

Tour of Collections

The Charm House is hosting a "Tour of Collections" today. I thought it would be fun to show what I collect. My earliest collection was china teacups, which began when I was given several as gifts as a young girl. Later I bought a few, and then my mom gave me most of her collection. Now I have about 18 or 20.
Another collection begun early: china teapots. I don't have as many of these as I have teacups, but we use them a lot more. The Professor makes a pot of tea in one of these pots almost every day.
Here's most of my vintage sewing items in a shadow box. The wood darning egg belonged to my grandmother. I have several other collections, but no photos of:
white linens and lace
vintage hankies
vintage baby dishes
silver baby cups
souvenir plates
Christmas angels
I'm also thinking of gathering up some of my French items from our year of living in France. Perhaps I'll make a shadowbox for that too.

3 comments:

Carol Noren Johnson said...

I collect ruby red glassware, not teacups--mine were sold in a yard sale or given away. I used to have a teacup with shamrocks like yours. Did you get yours in Ireland when you lived in Europe?

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

I love your teacups and teapots too.. I am partial to roses and pink.. and wish I could have some of your beautiful teacups.. looks like I need to visit flea markets again..

have a good week

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have a darning egg, too...from MY Grandma!! :)