Friday, May 7, 2010

More Vintage Dessert Sets

Today I took a break from wedding preps and went garage saling with Heather. I was so excited to find two full boxes (eight settings) of these "Homestead" glass dessert sets! I got both boxes for $10. Sadly, one box was totally trashed, so I tossed it.

Previously, I had collected 12 other sets, so that brings my total up to 20.

They were made by Federal Glass Co of Ohio. There is no zip code, so that means they were manufactured before 1963. I'm guessing they are from the 1950's. My mom and grandma both had this same pattern. I remember Mom using them once or twice when I was very young.

My favorite way to use them is for lunch, serving a fruit salad or chicken salad in the punch cup. Today we don't usually serve punch in such tiny cups.

No comments: