Friday, March 30, 2012

Decorating for Easter II

I don't go all out with Easter decorations around my house, but I do like to add a little bit of vintage look to the dining room buffet.

I began with an embroidered cloth I purchased in Paris 10 years ago. Then I layered on fun decorations I've collected over the years. Above is a chick pulling an egg cart, holding a filigree egg. It was from TJ Maxx, if I remember correctly.

Under the dome is real paper grass and three old pompom chicks. One was always in my Easter basket when I was a child. I remember having it when I was three years old.

A wood Easter sign from Hob Lob two years ago.

Cute chick egg cups, also from Paris, with painted wooden eggs in the cup sections. The eggs I purchased many years ago at Michael's; they were painted a shiny white. This year I rubbed them up with a sanding sponge, then I painted them pale blue with Martha Stewart's craft paint. I might speckle them with a bit of brown, but maybe not. I haven't decided.

In the black flower bucket I created an Easter tree with crape myrtle branches, sprayed white. Decorated eggs hang from it. It doesn't photograph well, so it's not shown.
Link
I'm linking to Met Monday at BNOTP.

No comments: