Sunday, April 22, 2012

Group Garage Saling

On Friday, a group of us met early to go to a large neighborhood yard sale. This is an annual event held on the same weekend each April. We have come to look forward to it - there are wonderful bargains for everyone. I drove my van so we could all ride together, and still have room to stow our finds in the back.

Joyce found lots of decor items. Amber found end tables and lamps and lots of small items for her kids. Heather also found kid items and a few decor pieces.

I found some things for David's new apartment, a few kitchen items for myself, and some grandchild things:
For David, I found a muffin tin ($2), a cutlery tray (25c), a new glass loaf pan ($1), and a new measuring tape ($3).

For the grandchildren (present and future) I found a set of child-size pans ($2), an abacus ($4), a booster seat ($4), and a like-new porta-crib ($18), shown in the fist photo. The toys will be welcomed in the new playroom when we get that finished.

For myself, I found a Complete Flower Fairies book ($2), a paint roller, (50c), a package of paper doilies (25c), a heavy-duty bundt pan ($1), a little glass pitcher (10c), and two pieces of brushed nickel bathroom hardware ($2 and $4) for the redecorated master bath. The Professor even has the hardware mostly all hung now!

It was a fun day!

I'm linking up to Rhoda's Thrifty Treasures party.

1 comment:

Marj Swierenga said...

Wow! Great deal on that crib. Always wonderful to have something like that at a grandparent's house.