Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our Day for Celebrating Love

Valentine's Day has always been a day for family celebrating in our house. I set the table with red or pink, whatever I have on hand, and add the china and heart napkins that I buy on clearance previous years (holidays are the only time I use paper napkins). Usually one package of holiday paper napkins will last several years. I store them in my party paper goods drawer, each holiday in a quart zipper bag.

This year's menu: Steak we found on clearance this morning, potatoes, a veggie, red jello cut into little hearts, and GIANT chocolate chip cookies formed into hearts. I also added little pink swan candy cups at each place (thrifted years ago) filled with red and silver-wrapped kisses, on Christmas clearance, 90% off. The bag included green too, but I picked those out and saved them for St. Pat's Day next month. The kisses have been biding their time in the freezer since December.I also made tiny Valentines for everyone. Scrapbooking paper scraps come in handy!

1 comment:

Carol Noren Johnson said...

Lovely! So we can expect a St. Patrick's Day post too? Do you celebrate Scandanavian for a special day?

Love you all!