Wednesday, June 6, 2012

May Thriftiness

I wasn't able to go garage saling very many weekends in May, and when I did get out, I didn't find all that much that I needed. But I did find a few things.

I found a beautiful, very heavy, silverplate pitcher in an upscale neighborhood ($5). My thought was that it would make a nice vase for the table in the church narthex. But maybe I'll keep it for myself.

Another day I found an old poetry book for children (50c), an antique shoe button hook ($3), and a box of vintage china angel bells from the 1950's at the very latest ($1). The bells are supposed to be a set of 10, but there are only eight bells and a little red gnome off to the side. I will add him to our Swedish collection.

I also picked up a pizza stone for David ($1) and I think that completes David's kitchen.

No comments: