Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Peanut Butter Cookies

I baked seven dozen cookies today. This is a very old recipe; older than me I think. They are nice and crunchy, just like I remember making and eating as a child.
I recently read about the peanut butter we should use when making peanut butter cookies. Don't use "natural style" peanut butter because it makes the cookies too dry. Use only Jif or Skippy or any other peanut butter with sugar and partially hydrogenated oils added to it. You know, the unhealthy stuff. The shelf-stable stuff. The stuff I stopped buying many years ago. The stuff my kids hate. Now I know the reason my peanut butter cookies haven't turned out well all these years!

2 comments:

DataLore said...

they look yummy.maybe you can add some peanut oil or something natural instead of using those evil hydrogen atoms.

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem and had no idea why! So much for meshing memories and health.