Saturday, February 2, 2008

Christmas Apron Refashion

I finally got to my sewing machine a few days ago. Since Christmas, I've been trying to make this apron. I was determined to get it finished before Christmas rolled around again; I thought maybe I should start early.I used some old Christmas curtains I had stored away. This project used only half of the fabric. The color doesn't show well in the photo; it is really a nice, rich forest green background.

The pattern is Simplicity 8720, a retro apron pattern from 2003. I like the pattern (sans ruffle), but I prefer the bib to be a bit wider to more thoroughly protect my clothes from food spatters. After all, that is the point of wearing an apron.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I clicked to enlarge the photo and it looks Christmas-y but not too Christmas-y. Coincidentally, I recently sold a similarly cut apron in a daisy print.