Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Scooping Up the Deals

I finally got my Walgreens gift card for buying rebate items. Now I can start rolling the dollars. This week I bought:
2 2-packs Olay soap, $4, used 2 $2 coupons, earned $4 Register Rewards, FREE plus overage (I bought all the remaining bars my store had)
3 Olay Body Wash, 3/$10, 2 $2 coupons, earned $4 Register Rewards
2 cans Blue Diamond almonds, $3.30, 75-cent coupon, net $1.27 each
Mr Clean Magic Erasers, $1.99, 50-cent coupon
Angel Soft tissue 12-pack, 3/$8, 3 50-cent coupons, net $2.16 each

By paying with coupons, Register Rewards and my gift card, all this cost me nothing.

On to CVS:
I helped out my daughter by using $4 ecb's that she couldn't use before they expired:
2 bottles Pert Plus, $3.99, used BOGO coupon (for charity)
Johnsons bath buddies soap, 99 cents, used $1 coupon (for daughter)
30 cents OOP

I had two $5/$15 CVS coupons I wanted to use, but all the CVS stores were out of the free ecb items by Sunday. On Tuesday I found:
2 Colgate, $2.99 ea, earn $2.99 ecb's ea, used $1 coupon and 75 cent coupon
CVS vitamin C, $2.99, earn $2.99 ecb's
Hylands Calms, $6.19, earn $3 ecb's
Used $5/$15 CVS coupon, $1.75 mfr coupons, $7 ecb's, $1.50 rebate money
10 cents OOP

Later in the week, after CVS had received new shipments, I bought:
Venus Embrace razor, $9.99, used $4 coupon, earned $6 ecb's
Caress body wash, $3.99, used 70 cent coupon
Johnson's Bath Buddies soap, 99 cents, used $1 coupon
threw in a 13 cent pencil as filler
Used $5/$15 CVS coupon, $5.70 mfr coupons, $4 ecb's
78 cents OOP

At Target I happened to find a special deal:
Buy 2 bundles of IrishSpring Body Wash (2 bottles in each bundle), $4.95 each bundle, earn a $5 Target gift card, I used 2 $1 coupons
$8.16 OOP
Then I used the $5 gift card on:
Splenda marked down to $6.04, used 75 cent coupon
Honey Bunches of Oats, marked down to $2.14, used $2 coupon (for charity)
60 cents OOP

For my $1 charity spending this week, besides the Pert shampoo and Honey Bunches of Oats, I added the Publix mystery coupon item (brownie mix) and a can of corn on sale BOGO. My total OOP for charity was $1, but the value of the items I bought was $15.55. I think that is excellent multiplication of my money.

Altogether, I spent $10.50 in cash including tax, I earned $18.98 in Register Rewards and ECB's that I haven't spent yet, and the value of the items I bought was $112.96 not including tax. I am truly amazed. (This photo does not include the last CVS purchase of a Venus razor, Caress, one Bath Buddies soap, and filler pencil.)

No comments: